What is Story Addict?Whether you’re a narrator or a listener, you may be wondering: what do the modern mainstreams have in common? What is it I love about reading/watching that story other than “I relate to it” or “It’s just my cup of tea?” Because, let’s face it, millions of people don’t just happen to like the same brand of tea. Unless it’s made by vampires. Here’s how it’s done.
“My cousin Helen, who is in her 90s now, was in the Warsaw ghetto during World War II. She and a bunch of the girls in the ghetto had to do sewing each day. And if you were found with a book, it was an automatic death penalty. She had gotten hold of a copy of ‘Gone With the Wind’, and she would take three or four hours out of her sleeping time each night to read. And then, during the hour or so when they were sewing the next day, she would tell them all the story. These girls were risking certain death for a story. And when she told me that story herself, it actually made what I do feel more important. Because giving people stories is not a luxury. It’s actually one of the things that you live and die for.”
— Neil Gaiman (Creator of Hugo, Coraline, and Stardust)
Hits since Jan 2012
- 14,569 addicts
Books I wrote to question my sanity:
- Vote for Your Favorite Excerpt! The Contest Begins ... Now!
- Should Amazon Require Self-Published Authors to Have Editors?
- Who am I?
- Subtle Romance: The Highly Addictive (and Toxic) Romance Particle
- Why Reading Isn’t Cool and What We Can Do to Change It
- Injecting Character Voice: How to Write Third Person Like First POV
- Guest Post: Writing vs. Storytelling - What's the Difference?
- An Indie Film: The Underwater Realm
Latest Obsession in Movies
… in Books
… in TV Shows
- "Going back on your word is the greatest type of failure." tmblr.co/Z7uXIwlp1Nsn 50 minutes ago
- This is going on my list of things to do before I die: tmblr.co/Z7uXIwloqGGV 1 hour ago
- Bird apocalypse: tmblr.co/Z7uXIwlod9gI 2 hours ago
- This is how all bullying should end: tmblr.co/Z7uXIwloPyTN #Ironman 3 hours ago
- Photoset: I don’t even know what this is from, but bird attacks never get old. tmblr.co/Z7uXIwloD40V 4 hours ago
The A ListCool people you should know:
*author=books for sale
Rachel Horwitz (writer)
Lauren Ruiz (writer/editor)
Ron Guyatt (illustrator)
Nicole L. Bates (writer)
Emma Meade (writer/author)
Vaughn Roycroft (writer)
Michael Olavarria (writer)
Clare Davidson (writer/author)
Ruth Ellen Parlour (writer/author)
Rebecca Ethington (writer/author)
Ahmed Amin (writer/author)
Ava Jae (writer)
Sally Stephenson (writer/author)
Audrey McKay (writer/author)
Lorna Suzuki (writer/screenwriter/author)
Rebecca Hamilton (writer/author)
Amanda Byrne (writer)
C. Michael Hubbard (writer)
Louise Gornall (writer)
Candace Knoebel (writer/author)
Frankie Blooding (writer/author/reviewer)
Blog topicsanime author award blog book book review books characters contest criticism dreams dystopian ebook ebooks encouragement entertainment excerpt fantasy fiction flash fiction free giveaway guest post humor hunger games indie inspiration literature love meme middle grade movie movies mystery new adult promotion psychology reading romance short story storytelling thriller urban fantasy writing young adult
DisclaimerImages used in the blog posts on this site are owned and copyrighted to their respective creators/owners. If you do not wish for an image copyrighted to you to appear on Story Addict or believe an image has not been credited properly, please email email@example.com and request for it to be edited or removed.